Well now that I have 15 and a half months in the mission, I thought I would share a few things I’ve learned here in the mission:
1. Time literally doesn’t exist. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days, and suddenly you look up and realize its already the middle of April. How did that happen?
2. Panaderias (or bakeries) always happen to be on the way to church, and always smell extra yummy on fast Sundays.
3. Cleanliness is next to godliness. For reals though, a clean apartment is a spiritual apartment.
4. The cow’s heart is actually really tasty, and currently my new favorite food!
5. When you have to hang your clothes out to dry, and it rains for 11 days straight, you just naturally have to live in dirty clothes and pray that nobody smells you!
6. The Book of Mormon is EVERYTHING. If you’re sad, read the Book of Mormon. If you’re happy, read the Book of Mormon. If you’re bored, read the Book of Mormon. If you need answers, read the Book of Mormon. If you want to feel close to the Lord, READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. For real, its everything.
7. Presidente and Hermana Zanni are the most inspired people ever, and Zone Conferences with them just teach you how to be more like Christ!
8. The mission is full of life lessons, and everything that happens is just preparation for the real world.
And in all honesty, I am sooo grateful to be a missionary and for the countless lessons that I’ve learned in such a short time. I’m glad that Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to serve, because it was something that I didn’t want to do, but HE knew just how much I needed these experiences. He knows us perfectly!!
Love you all so much! The church is true!