A few things I learned this week:
1. 25 de mayo means that you eat empanadas and locro.
2. What is locro? Locro is basically a soup, where you’re free to put whatever part of the pig you please.
3. Don’t ask what parts of the pig they put in your locro, because they probably won’t tell you and you probably don’t want to know.
4. Just because you got out of the flu shot the first time doesn’t mean you’ve fully escaped. Hermana Zanni will hunt you down and send her daughters to hold you down so you don’t escape. (for real I HATE shots!!)
5. Working in trios is kind of hard because you can’t all sit together on the bus, but it’s fun because you can eat ice cream and play on the roof! (we kidnapped Hermana Gneiting, my last companion, for a day! And I promise we actually worked!!)
6. It’s possible to have a missionary choir of 5 sisters and 30 elders and for it to actually sound somewhat decent! (well thats what people lied and told us.)
7. When an entire mission works and fasts and prays that a companionship of missionaries can reach a specific goal, the Lord hears those prayers and that faith and provides the way to REACH those goals!!
8. And just to finish off, I’ve learned that we have to find JOY IN THE JOURNEY. If you haven’t read that talk from President Monson, find it and read it. Life is to be enjoyed. It’s meant to love others and give service and recognize the small quiet wonders of the world. Don’t live life waiting for things to get better. Find the GOOD in the MOMENT. We spend way too much time putting things off that we don’t even recognize that God is SHOWERING blessings upon us all the time!!
I love this gospel!! I know this church is true!!! I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love this time to serve Him!!
Six weeks left. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT.
Love you all sooo much!